Service Provider Edition
Service Provider Edition is for providers and carriers who manage existing networks and want to plot a path to SDN and NFV. It includes Base plus protocol support commonly encountered in service provider networks, as well as security and network management applications.
- Controller: A modular, extensible, scalable and multi-protocol SDN controller based on OSGi.
- OpenFlow Plugin: Integration of OpenFlow protocol library in controller Service Abstraction Layer (SAL).
- OpenFlow Protocol Library: OpenFlow 1.3 protocol library implementation.
- OVSDB: Open vSwitch Database configuration and management protocol support, e.g. for Open vSwitch and other OVSDB servers.
- YANG Tools: Java-based NETCONF and YANG tooling for OpenDaylight projects.
- Affinity Metadata Service: APIs to express workload relationships and service levels.
- BGP-LS/PCEP: Support for traffic engineering with BGP-LS (BGP protocol library and topology model) and PCEP (path programming model).
- Defense4All: DDoS detection and mitigation framework.
- LISP Flow Mapping: Locator/identifier Separation Protocol plugin, LISP mapping service (can be used to implement virtual networks).
- SNMP4SDN: SNMP protocol support and APIs to manage commodity Ethernet switches.